Things which encourage me to believe I have it all together:
- Waking up on a school day at 8:25am and getting both children dressed, fed, brushed, and out the door, ON TIME.
- Taking naps in the afternoon. Just because I can.
- A clean kitchen.
- Folded laundry.
- Putting my kids to bed at 8 o’clock and being done for the night. Every night.
- Eating Brussels sprouts and meatloaf (childhood punishment foods) and liking them both. A lot.
- Letting Eliott do Play-Doh in my kitchen for the first time in her life under my direction and not having even a single conniption, mental or otherwise. (Note: this was also well before my 4:30 clock-out-and-start-drinking-time. Double bonus.)
- Spontaneous 4 year old announcements like, “Today I’m going to have a good attitude all day,” and “I have a lot of work to do in my room, Mom. You can see when I’m done.” (This means she’s picking up. By herself.)
Things which bring me back down to earth:
One last point about that “having it together” thing:
- My presence of mind to take a picture of this.